cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vxvm

vucni11
Level 4

Hi,

I noticed that if i have a volume associated with a raid 1 or raid 5,and if a plex from mirror failed or a subdisk from raid 5 failed,then the volume is still active if the DG was imported previously and during the time plex or subdisk failed.

I like to know if i import a DG and a volume as above is associated with a mirror or a raid 5 and if a plex from mirror failed or a subdisk from raid 5 failed,then the volume is disabled (stopped).

tnx 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

If any one of the subdisk in  a mirrored volume is disabled/offline or any other state and other subdisk  is in Enabled state file system can still be accessed using the Enabled subdisk which is in good state.

There are few troubleshooting that can be done on the subdisk/plex, depending on what state they are in.

Why are you asking these questions? Have you encountered any such issue? If yes, please copy the vxprint -qhtr output.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dev_Roy
Level 6
Accredited Certified

If any one of the subdisk in  a mirrored volume is disabled/offline or any other state and other subdisk  is in Enabled state file system can still be accessed using the Enabled subdisk which is in good state.

There are few troubleshooting that can be done on the subdisk/plex, depending on what state they are in.

Why are you asking these questions? Have you encountered any such issue? If yes, please copy the vxprint -qhtr output.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
That is the whole idea with Raid 1 and raid 5 - it provides redundancy.