cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analytics not working

meffaman
Level 2

We've been battling an Analytics issue for quite some time now and I thought I'd post on here to see if anyone can help.  When we enable Analytics on a case, sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Today it's not working and is just stuck at "Waiting for search data...".

The case this is running on only has 70 items. 

We've opened cases with Symantec and never really got to the end of this.  The last suggestion was to upgrade to SP3 for version 9 which we did, but no luck. 

Any ideas?  I've verified full text indexing is enable on all of the SQL databases. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Right, it doesn't do any good to trace it when it's working.  Sounds like the process was just hung.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

can you run a dtrace of the AnalyticsServerApp process to see if it's doing anything?

idaman22
Level 4

Advanced Analytics search is returning invalid results.- http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH160612

meffaman
Level 2

Hi Tony,

Just saw your reply..... Just restarted the EV AMS service per Symantec to see if that clears up (temporarily) the issue and it did.  I'm guessing you'd want to see the trace output for time it's not working?

Joe

TonySterling

Right, it doesn't do any good to trace it when it's working.  Sounds like the process was just hung.