cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change DA 9.0 Export Folder Default Path

Ariphaneus
Level 4

We have DA 9.0 running on a Server 2008 64 bit server with the client's running on Win XP SP3.  On the client I have changed the default path for the export folder to a shared folder via the full UNC under configuration>settings>export production.  However even after restarting the client when I go to export the default path is still listed as C:\.  It is in use at the moment so I cannot recycle the services which is my next thought but I wondered if there is something else that I might be missing?  I'm doubtful that restarting the services will do anything as this is a configuration on the client and not on the server.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Greetings, Ariphaneus;

Just changing the path in the DA Client won't chang the path in existing Cases.  You'll need to edit the properties of each Case to change the export location.

Changing the export location path in the DA Client configuration settings only affects cases when they are created, so any new case you create will have the path you've specified.

Please also be aware that using UNC pathing to the export location may cause exports to run more slowly than if the export location was local to the DA server.  I understand why you're using the UNC path.  I just wanted to make sure you are aware of the possible export speed impact.

Also, please be sure the export location is not being scanned by any antivirus software as such scanning can cause items to not be copied into that location or can prevent them from being moved into PST files.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kenneth_Adams
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Greetings, Ariphaneus;

Just changing the path in the DA Client won't chang the path in existing Cases.  You'll need to edit the properties of each Case to change the export location.

Changing the export location path in the DA Client configuration settings only affects cases when they are created, so any new case you create will have the path you've specified.

Please also be aware that using UNC pathing to the export location may cause exports to run more slowly than if the export location was local to the DA server.  I understand why you're using the UNC path.  I just wanted to make sure you are aware of the possible export speed impact.

Also, please be sure the export location is not being scanned by any antivirus software as such scanning can cause items to not be copied into that location or can prevent them from being moved into PST files.

Ariphaneus
Level 4

Much to my chagrin I took a second look and noticed that the case I was referencing was created a couple days before I made the change.  Thank you much.