cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault E-Discovery Standard Edition implementation

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

Can anyone please share me some knowledge in configuring and using the Enterprise Vault E-Discovery Standard Edition to be used with EV 9.0.4 ?

I'm not sure if this is installed in my current company Enterprise Vault.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It would typically be installed on it's own server.

It has seperate databases.

So if you're not aware of either of those, chances are it is not installed.

The best first place to look of course is in the product documentation which will take you through an installation, and the administration guide which will give you some installation on how to use it.

I'd also suggest you make contact with one of the many Symantec partners to get a better feel for what it does, and what problems it might help you solve.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I moved this to the DA forum as what you have descibed above is for Discovery Accelerator and not Clearwell.

You will not see anything in the VAC for either DA or Clearwell.

Most likely you have a DA server in your environment.  Look on your SQL Server and see if you have a database that is named something like EVConfiguration or something like that.

From there you can run this query.

SELECT *
FROM tblServer

This will give you the name of your DA server. 

Just because you are licensed doesn't mean it is installed however.  If it is, I would highly recommend getting a partner to give you a knowledge transfer of how it works.  You can gain quite a bit from the docuements but it is better to get some training either from a partner or SYMC.  If it isn't, you should consider contacting a partner so they can plan your installation and do a knowledge transer as part the process.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It would typically be installed on it's own server.

It has seperate databases.

So if you're not aware of either of those, chances are it is not installed.

The best first place to look of course is in the product documentation which will take you through an installation, and the administration guide which will give you some installation on how to use it.

I'd also suggest you make contact with one of the many Symantec partners to get a better feel for what it does, and what problems it might help you solve.

Working for cloudficient.com

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks for the comments Rob,

so I guess in this case what should I see in the VAC if the eDiscovery components are installed ?

I can see that we are getting billed for the following licenses:

• 4700 x Enterprise Vault E-Discovery Std
  • 4700 x Enterprise Vault Storage Management
  • 3000 x Enterprise Vault File System Archiving – Archiving & Search

but so far I'm left confused as I'm the only person who has to manage this software infrastructure.

TonySterling

I moved this to the DA forum as what you have descibed above is for Discovery Accelerator and not Clearwell.

You will not see anything in the VAC for either DA or Clearwell.

Most likely you have a DA server in your environment.  Look on your SQL Server and see if you have a database that is named something like EVConfiguration or something like that.

From there you can run this query.

SELECT *
FROM tblServer

This will give you the name of your DA server. 

Just because you are licensed doesn't mean it is installed however.  If it is, I would highly recommend getting a partner to give you a knowledge transfer of how it works.  You can gain quite a bit from the docuements but it is better to get some training either from a partner or SYMC.  If it isn't, you should consider contacting a partner so they can plan your installation and do a knowledge transer as part the process.

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks Tony, I can see that there is a server name in the result entry but somehow It is no longer exist.

So in this case I will then try to rebuild it and install it on a separate server.

Does this feature must be installed on separate server ?

TonySterling

It is normally installed on a separate server but that depends on how large\busy of an environment you have.  If the DA server is gone you should be able to delete the DA databases and start from scratch rather then trying to get things to line up.

If you need any help getting this installed just let me know.

TS

John_Santana
Level 6

Thanks for the response Tony, Yes I guess that does make sense.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Database.JPG

Hi John,

You can check on the SQL Management Studio for which Databases belongs to DA .

DA Having 2 Databases :

1. Configuration Database

2. Customer Database.

1. To find Configuration Database check the Tables of the Database. If it contain the Table "tblCustomer" it means this database is DA Configuration database. (Default Name : EVConfiguration)

2. To find Customer Database Name you can Run SQL Query against DA Configuration Database

Select * from tblCustomer

Which give the column Name "Name" which list DA Customer Database name and that need to check whether it exist on SQL studio or not.

If it exist and you want to use that one , you can used it. At the time of Configuration / Customer Database on DA Server we get option to "Use Existing database".

How to use existing DA Customer Database at the time of creating New Customer in DA.
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO83883