cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Discovery Accelerator Deduplication (during review)

Steve_Dotson
Level 2

I have several thousand search result, most of which are relevant, but duplicates.  I know that I can deduplicate when I export.  I also know that I can use the "stack" feature during the review process to group duplicates for bulk tagging/marking.  Unfortunately, grouping duplicates using the stack feature (repeatedly for each e-mail) and then tagging/marking is going to take significantly more time than I would prefer. 

My Question:  Is there a way to deduplicate all of my search results at once so I can begin tagging/marking--or am I stuck stacking duplicate e-mails individually?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello Steve,

DA de-duplication works slightly a different way. As and when you are accepting new searches for your legal case, DA will calculate additional inform from new items coming from that search. That information will then be used to create link between items which are duplicates in nature. Whenever a new duplicate is found for an existing item in DA Case, this link will be updated so that you can see them in in Review stack.

If you still get confused with my response, I would suggest to have a look at following while paper on DA de-duplication.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3621

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alok

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What version of DA are you running?

Steve_Dotson
Level 2

Alok_Dave
Level 4
Employee Accredited

Hello Steve,

DA de-duplication works slightly a different way. As and when you are accepting new searches for your legal case, DA will calculate additional inform from new items coming from that search. That information will then be used to create link between items which are duplicates in nature. Whenever a new duplicate is found for an existing item in DA Case, this link will be updated so that you can see them in in Review stack.

If you still get confused with my response, I would suggest to have a look at following while paper on DA de-duplication.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3621

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alok