cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9.0.1 client - the item could not be downloaded [OIOM] 80070005

sergiof
Level 3

In  preparation of windows 7 64 bit and outlook 2010 i am testing the upgrade of our vault from version 8 to 9.

The upgrade is working fine but i cannot open archived emails from a outlook 2010 client.The OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

I get the above error ( the item could not be downloaded [OIOM] 80070005 ).

If i use the 7.5 client the emails are retrieved no problem.
Using Windows xp with outlook 2007 and the 9.0.1 client also works no problem. 

Retrieving items via owa does not work. 

Opening the item using the link in the email ( owa or client) works fine..

Do i need to be looking at the desktop policy settings ?
does anybody have any tips?

thanks,

Sergio Fiorenza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Have you somehow set PSTDisableGrow registry key?

07/12/2010 09:54:26.835[ 196]: Unable to exempt PST's from PSTDisableGrow, make sure that 'PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides' registry key has been set...

There is an error in the Client which might enable Vault Cache on the Client, and this requires the PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides key to work if the PSTDisableGrow key is set.

This might explain why the 7.5 client is able to open the shortcut, and the 9.0.1 one is not. (It might try to download to the Vault Cache first before opening) This is the only thing I can think of...

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

JesusWept3
Level 6

Any chance of posting a client log?
also i think someone noted the same type of error but resolved it by completely uninstalling then reinstalling the client, but to be honest though it sounds like it might be going to through Outlook anywhere and trying to download messages through a URL that can't be contacted.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

sergiof
Level 3

Hi jesus,

i cannot post the entire log file because its a replicated virtual test environment with no network..

but i checked the outlook logs and i noticed this:

TESTING CONNECTION

Skipping dcom tests    HTTP client is in use
http connection failed   - http://our-url (Status:0x12)

But the odd thing is that i can browse to the url and as mentioned above if i click on the link in one of those archived email it works..

is there a timeout value that i can adjust.. maybe the connection is timing out?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Don't worry about testing the connection status stuff (it can often say it's not connected when it is).  This is also from the Vault Info, rather than the client log.  Really need to see the client log (with maximum logging enabled) to see what might be the cause of the problem (and indicating the subject of a sample message would also help).

Working for cloudficient.com

sergiof
Level 3

i have attached the log file.

the relevant entry probably is? :

07/12/2010 09:54:27.057[ 196]: CShortcutItem::Display...Return Last Failed error: 0x80070005

sergiof
Level 3

hi rob/jesus ,

Are you guys getting any wiser with the log files?

thanks for the help....

MichelZ
Level 6

Have you somehow set PSTDisableGrow registry key?

07/12/2010 09:54:26.835[ 196]: Unable to exempt PST's from PSTDisableGrow, make sure that 'PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides' registry key has been set...

There is an error in the Client which might enable Vault Cache on the Client, and this requires the PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides key to work if the PSTDisableGrow key is set.

This might explain why the 7.5 client is able to open the shortcut, and the 9.0.1 one is not. (It might try to download to the Vault Cache first before opening) This is the only thing I can think of...

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I think Michel is correct (partly).  There is an issue in the client, where certain combinations of enabling Vault Cache, and the VC setup wizard can lead to VC just getting enabled.  However, I don't think it's that.

I think Vault Cache is already enabled here.

With the PSTDisableGrow configured correctly problems will occur when opening a shortcut.  The EV client will check if that item exists in Vault Cache, and if it doesn't, it'll download it, and add it.. then display it.  But, adding it requires us to grow the .DB file (effectively a PST file) and we can't do that... hence the problem.

I also noticed it's the Early Client release of 9.0.1 that you're using - you should use the main release now, I think.

sergiof
Level 3

Michel ,

That was indeed the problem !! - i had the PSTDisableGrow key set without PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides.

i have created the key and all is working now !

Thanks for your help!

sergiof
Level 3

Rob,

thanks for the info - the client i used is one i downloaded separately..

i just checked and found the full install package for 9.0.1.

downloading that and will install it...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad you're sorted.