cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best options for EV 9.0 client install

Maxie_Braggs
Level 4

Gentlemen,

I am in this Dilemma and scratching my head at this moment to decide the best way to install outlook client add-ins for EV.Ours is a multi forest scenrio and we are going to install ev 9 in one of the resource forest(user mailboxes and EV will reside in a seperate forest) than the user accounts which reside in their own forests and will be linked through trust relationships(Exchange resource forest sceenrio)

I need to install  outlook client add-in for EV 9.0  in these forests.Some locations have SCCM for software install and others have different methods.

What you think of pushing the software using the admin console on the  EV server itself.Will this work effectively.anybody have any past experience? or should i follow other methods like SCCM, AD group policy etc..Pls suggest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Many people push the client out using GPO...  and other tools.  You can't push it out from the Enterprise Vault Admin Console.

You should also consider that if you have any Outlook 2010 users, then you'll need to use the 9.0.1 client.  This client will work on Outlook 2003 and onwards, and will work with Outlook 2010 in 32 bit and 64 bit modes.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Many people push the client out using GPO...  and other tools.  You can't push it out from the Enterprise Vault Admin Console.

You should also consider that if you have any Outlook 2010 users, then you'll need to use the 9.0.1 client.  This client will work on Outlook 2003 and onwards, and will work with Outlook 2010 in 32 bit and 64 bit modes.

Working for cloudficient.com

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

As Rob says, it's a standard MSI package for the client, so it's a case of using whatever is best for your environment which would usually mean GPO

Maxie_Braggs
Level 4

Thanks a lot guys..