cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can users somehow have both EV archiving and Dynamics CRM working in outlook?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We have one client who has users who use both EV archiving and the Dynamics CRM.

Now obviously the problem occurs when user X adds an item to CRM and user Y can see it but when EV takes that linked item to the user X's archive the CRM is left with a link to a shortcut and there fore the user Y cannot open the message anymore as he don't have the permission to the user X's archive.

I understand that this is the expected behaviour but is there a way around it?

My suggestion was for these CRM users to create a certain folder that they give permission to the group that uses the CRM and there fore all of the CRM users would gain the access to the linked messages even after it gets archived (since the folder permissions do inherit from exchange). But this idea was shot down by the client...

I don't see how these users could keep using both and not create a permitted folder... Any thoughts on this?

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think the best thing is for the customer to petition Symantec and Microsoft to see if there could be some compatibility introduced to the clients, though i'm sure MSFT will say its Symantec that needs to build compatibility and Symc will say that MSFT needs to build compatibility

But really don't see any other way, especially if they're rejecting the proposed solution you offered which is the only one I could think of either

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think the best thing is for the customer to petition Symantec and Microsoft to see if there could be some compatibility introduced to the clients, though i'm sure MSFT will say its Symantec that needs to build compatibility and Symc will say that MSFT needs to build compatibility

But really don't see any other way, especially if they're rejecting the proposed solution you offered which is the only one I could think of either

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146