cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install EV OWA 2003 Extensions?!?

cs753js
Level 3

Hi All.

I get a popup error message immediately after I kick off the Symantec Enterprise Vault OWA 2003 Extension.msi installation program.
This is the error:

Product: Symantec Enterprise Vault OWA 2003 Extensions -- Symantec Enterprise Vault OWA 2003 Extensions requires Exchange 2003 with Outlook Web Access to be installed.

I run the installation as the Exchange administrator on the Exchange server, but I tried also as the ev service account, and even as local Administrator. Same popup.
It's really weird since on the same server I login into OWA for all users, Outlook clients are working, EV is archiving without problems, the EV Web Access is working so that I can query the archived items.
The Exchange server and the EV server are installed for test purposes on the same machine. EV is version 8.0 SP1.

Any hint about how I can investigate further this issue?

Thanks in advance
L.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 What version of Exchange 2003 do you have installed on the EV server?  I have seen this issue once before and that was due to ESM being a different version to that of Exchange (on the Exchange server).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 What version of Exchange 2003 do you have installed on the EV server?  I have seen this issue once before and that was due to ESM being a different version to that of Exchange (on the Exchange server).

cs753js
Level 3

John,

Thanks for this tip. I'm quite new to Exchange administration, I *thought* I'd installed the SP1 but it seems that the SP1 is not there!
If I look into the properties of the Exchange server as reported in the ESM, it's a 6.5 build 6944.4, which correct me if I'm wrong should be an Exchange 2003 RTM
So, shall I try to install again the SP1?
One thing I don't understand from your reply is that you mention two versions of Exchange. But I have only 1 Exchange installed on the server. On the same server I installed also the EV, for testing purposes. Am I missing anything important here?

Thanks for your support.
Regards
L.

cs753js
Level 3

Ok, installing SP2 fixed the problem.
Therefore, the basic install doesn't seem to be good enough for EV.

Thanks again
L.