cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to OVSyncArchiveTypes

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Wondering if I alter the Synchronize archive types back to Default Mailbox.

Then the user mailbx would show on the vault cache in outlook but they can still go and manually enter any extra vaults they wish to see through the vault cache properties page.

The reason I'm asking is the customer has mailbox permissions so messed up that people are seeing in archive explorer about 50+ mailboxes and it's slowing down the sync process

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

HI wilson,

Rather than changing the archive types, you can remove the permissions from the archives using an EVPM script and then synchronize those archives again using the archiving task. If the permissions were applied from Exchange, then the customer will need to remove them becasue the task will add the permissions again. After that you can perform a full VC reset and download just the archive where the user has permissions.

How to remove all permissions from an archive using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM)
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44818

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

HI wilson,

Rather than changing the archive types, you can remove the permissions from the archives using an EVPM script and then synchronize those archives again using the archiving task. If the permissions were applied from Exchange, then the customer will need to remove them becasue the task will add the permissions again. After that you can perform a full VC reset and download just the archive where the user has permissions.

How to remove all permissions from an archive using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM)
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44818

I hope this helps.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

@Wilsond3010 Do you need anything else on this issue?

Working for cloudficient.com