Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Driven bulk recall of Shortcuts in Exchange Mailboxes

Jakob
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

is there a tool / macro to restore shortcuts to the mailbox. A customer want´s to remove the EV Services thats why we plan to recall all Elements to the Exchange Mailboxes.

With the built in Export Option all Elements were restored to their original mailbox. If the user has e.g. moved element to a non archived mailbox then he´s complaining that there were restored to many elements etc.

So i´m searching for a tool what proceeds the single mailbox via outlook and "clicks" recall on every archived item.

EV9.03 and Exchange Server 2010

Thank you

Jakob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There isn't such a tool.

Archive Shuttle might help, as might other offerings.  In Archive Shuttle you can restore items based on whether there is a shortcut or not.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

There isn't such a tool.

Archive Shuttle might help, as might other offerings.  In Archive Shuttle you can restore items based on whether there is a shortcut or not.

Jakob
Level 5
Partner

Hi Rob,

that was a fast answer - thank you.

I think Archive Shuttle is oversized for this scenario (250 Users) but i will check it.

I could imagine that it´s possible to create a Macro for that. Has somebody ever tried to code something like this?

Jakob

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I don't think it's possible via a macro like you have suggested.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

migration tools were made specifically for this purpose. your only other options are manual restores within outlook or manual exports from the EV console but as you found out for yourself already, they dont meet your customer's requirements.