cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not get a MAPI session from the session pool... Journaling Service Pr

Victor_Geyyer
Level 4
Hi all,
I have 3 Journaling Services running on the Vault Server. 2 Journaling Services work fine (knock on wood), but 1 Journaling Services does not grab messages from the journaling mailbox posting 'Could not get a MAPI session from the session pool' message every 5 min
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Victor
47 REPLIES 47

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Matt,

if Victor is following the advice on the thread then he already has the mailbox opened from the EV server using Outlook.

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
True

But this problem may not be MAPI related, it might be the Name Service Provider Interface (NSPI) interface, although this would probably affect opening a mailbox as well.

I need to increase the number of messages per thread - 15 isn't enough and means I invariably skip the first 2 pages of this one!

Victor - can you reconfirm that there is no problem opening a mailbox in Outlook 2003 on the target server?

Victor_Geyyer
Level 4
Thanks to all one more time...
Most of the times I can open Outlook without any problems, but sometimes I am getting pop-up message saying that Exchange Server is unavailable (which is weird enough), but even when I can open Outlook, Journaling Service does not work :(
My current plan is to install another Exchange Server in the remote site with no SP1 for Windows 2003 and see how it goes...
Maybe I'm crazy, but I do think that upgrading to SP1 for OS broke some permissions...
In a meantime, I'm going on vacation until next year, so
THANK YOU once again for the support...
I will let you know results of my test next year...
-Victor

Matthew_Edwards
Level 4
Have a good holiday.

I think we should try to keep this thread going in your absence.... it's already turning into an epic. People may starting loosing interest otherwise! ;)

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Can't contact Exchange. Either the IP connectivity is being blocked (firewall) or the name resoultion is up the wall. I assume Outlook 2003 so it's looking for it's own GC. Presume the serv's DNS points to the Domain holding the EV server rather than the one with the Exc box in it. Check what GC you are binding to and then look at the zone transfers for it and try a few and tracerts.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You could try creating the Journal service using the FQDN for that exchange server.

additionally, you say you have this for profiles:

Also I have 2 profiles "VaultMbxAgent-badserver-..."

Besides that I have
16 profiles "VaultMbxAgent-goodserver1-..."
35 profiles "VaultMbxAgent-oldserver1-..."
1 profile "VaultMbxAgent-oldserver2-..."
11 profiles "VaultMbxAgent-goodserver2-..."

you could set the ProfileExpiry registry key to 0 and restart all the services. It is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\
This should clear out the profiles that are left there.
Be sure to set it back to 3 or what ever it was after you are done and restart the services again.

If it doesn't get rid of the old ones you can delete them manually. I believe they are under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Message was edited by:
A WSMessage was edited by:
A WS

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Can't remember where we are at withy this one but there is a bug in EV5 SP6 for Exchange running on Win2k SP1. Here is the release text for SP6:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280664.htm

Victor_Geyyer
Level 4
Hi all,
I opened that thread and I feel appropriate for me to close it... :)
My planned worked... We installed the Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 NO SP1 Server in the remote site and configured Journaling Service for mailbox on that server and it WORKS...
Thanks to everyone for sticking around...
-Victor