cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Created a new Vstore in EV but it's not showing in the console.

links10
Level 4
Partner

Hello all.

I attempted to create a new vault store in EV9. At the end of the wizard, I received an error saying the the storage service was not available, although all services were up. I can see on the sql server that the new DB's were created but the new vault store is not showing in the EV console. Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

links10
Level 4
Partner

I think the orignal problem was that the storage service was in backup mode when I orginally tried to create the new vstore. Once everything was out of backup mode, I tried again and the creation of the new vstore still failed. I did called support and they could find no traces of the the vstore in sql yet the creatin of one by the same name or any other name was failing. The event log error referred to a duplicate key but we could not find anything. Sadly, I was wasting support's time, b/c I simply restarted all EV services and was then able to create a new vault store.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Can you do a refresh in the console? Close the console, and open it again?

GJ

Regards. Gertjan

links10
Level 4
Partner

I tried that on both the storage server and the directory server. No help.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I'd call support to have the database-entries removed, and retry the operation.

Regards. Gertjan

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you open up SQL Management studio and go to the VaultStoreEntry table, do you see the new vault store you created listed in there? If you don't, simply just delete the databases.

As for the storage service not available it could be that you're in backup mode (either set through the VAC or through the legacy registry keys under HKLM\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Storage)....... or it could be that your site alias does not resolve to a server

If you do the following

1. Open up a SQL Management Studio
2. Run the following query

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT SiteEntryId FROM SiteEntry

3. Expand out the SiteEntryId column
4. Notice the GUID is something like '145A50696E3F56499855B5168F9793471d10000evsite'
5. At the end of the GUID is your site alias, in this case 'evsite'
6. Open up a command prompt
7. Type 'ping <siteAlias>' (i.e. ping evsite)

Make sure the ping returns with a valid EV Server, if it does not respond to a ping command, then make sure your DNS is set to hold an Alias/CNAME that points your siteName to another EV Servers alias (the alias, not the physical machine name of an ev server)

So you should have something like

EVSite (Alias) -> EVServer1 (Alias)
EVServer1 (Alias) -> myEVServer.myDomain.com

Once you have your EVSite alias pinging to a proper EV Server with the services up and running and not in read only mode, try again.

Also important, make sure when you attempt to create the vault store that you are logged on as the EVAdmin account on that EV Server.

If it still fails, you may not have the correct permissions for the EV Admin account of SQL or something else is failing for which you'd probably need to dtrace DirectoryService, MMC and maybe StorageServer (or storagemanagement, not sure off the top of my head)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

Are you sure that Storage Service isn't in backup/read only mode?

Mike

links10
Level 4
Partner

I think the orignal problem was that the storage service was in backup mode when I orginally tried to create the new vstore. Once everything was out of backup mode, I tried again and the creation of the new vstore still failed. I did called support and they could find no traces of the the vstore in sql yet the creatin of one by the same name or any other name was failing. The event log error referred to a duplicate key but we could not find anything. Sadly, I was wasting support's time, b/c I simply restarted all EV services and was then able to create a new vault store.