cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA 7.5 Upgrade Problem

MarkOlsen
Level 4
All:

We recently upgraded our DA environment from 6 SP4 to 7 to 2007 in our lab environment with no problems.  We then completed the same upgrade in Production and whenever we try to read a responsive E-mail the Preview Pane is showing an error: "Cannot Retrieve Item ... Report this error to your system administrator ... Object reference not sset to an instance of an object."

Our EV administrator spent 4 hours on a support call and they were unable to fix so it is now being escalated.   Any thoughts?

Thanks ... Mark

11 REPLIES 11

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
There seems to be a variable set to NULL.

I'll do some more research.

Jim S.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Same error on this document.

Jim S.

MarkOlsen
Level 4
Jimbo:

Thanks for jumping on this so quickly.  I saw the same tech note as well, but as you know, it applies to a bug in version 6.  I'm wondering if it has somehow crept back into EV 2007.   The interesting thing is that DA works fine in our lab, so I'm wondering if it is some sort of environment issue (e.g. missing environment variable).

Mark

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
I was thinking the same. If your lab works then it is probable environmental.

I read a MS tech article which prompts me to ask:

Are you on .NET 2.0?

Verify all prereqs

Jim S.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Also,

Did you apply any MS service packs during this upgrade?

Jim S.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Mark,

Any update on this?

Jim S.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Give him some time, Jim!
Depending where he is located, he could be sleeping right now Smiley Wink

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
What's sleep?Smiley Happy

MarkOlsen
Level 4
Jimbo:

Thanks so much for your support.  I was in meetings and just got an update from our EV administrator.  Level 2 US support knew immediately what the issue was.  Evidently, with EV 2007, they have modified DA (and perhaps CA) to use the same API that were developed for the content management vendor integration done a year ago.  Evidently, some customers are having problems with this, so there is a "hidden" option in DA where you can tell it to instead use the classic API.   It has something to do with Ctrl - clicking on the grey bar and a set of menu options are then exposed.   This is probably one of those items that are best done along with tech support.

The good news is that the issue is addressed.   If our EV expert gets a chance, I think he is going to post more detail.

Thanks again ... this is a great user community we have ... Mark

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Remember, once coffee was empty?
That was sleep! :D

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Excellent!

Glad to here it has been resolved.

I would like to know more details so when you have them please post. My environment may be implementing DA next year.