cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DA Search crashing

Sortid
Level 6

Hi,

I have EV8 SP5 backend with Discovery Accelerator 9 SP2.  When you run a search, the DA client freezes.  You need to kill it and restart to see the results of the search.  This is happening for everyone.  Any ideas what could cause this?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is DA on the same server as EV?

Did you grab a SQL Profiler during the search to see what is going on?

How many hits are you getting and what does the search criteria look like?

just a thought, since you can reproduce it at will it might be worth opening a case and having symantec look at the issue directly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Have heard of something similar when SQL maintenance hasnt been run and queries run a lot slower and don't return in a fast enough time Has this ever worked with the client?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Sortid
Level 6

Not sure if it's ever worked, hadn't heard any complaints about the previous system.  Am going to try an uninstall and reinstall of the product and see what happens.

TonySterling

Uninstalling and reinstalling won't clear up any SQL Maintenance issues.  Check that as well, you can refer to this technote: Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH63230

Sortid
Level 6

I had a look at that document and rebuilt indexes, compacted database, etc, but no change.  What i have found is that the client freezes for a period of time then comes good, but it is affecting only one customer database (basically the only one that actually gets used - it's 2GB in size).  When I ran a test search, the actual search took 30secs, but the client froze for 18mins.  This is repeatable for the same search. I have upgraded the EV backend to EV9 SP2 as well

TonySterling

Is DA on the same server as EV?

Did you grab a SQL Profiler during the search to see what is going on?

How many hits are you getting and what does the search criteria look like?

just a thought, since you can reproduce it at will it might be worth opening a case and having symantec look at the issue directly.