cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 7.0 + Mail Security for Exchange 6.0.0.177

reztomhcsm
Not applicable
Hello Folks,

I have finally begun my EV project, and I have noticed an issue between the current mail security product installed on my Exchange server (refer to the subject line for product version details) and the EV archival processes that dramatically impacts injection performance.

From my testing, disabling mail security allows the archival process to inject at speeds averaging between 200-300 messages/sec. (This is against one mailbox that has over 1.2 million messages) Re-enabling mail security causes the process to drop down to less than 1 or 2 messages every few minutes.

The issue is most likely the creation of the shortcuts once a message has been processed and archived. I am not using safe copies for this round of testing.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems between these two products; and if so, what have you done to mitigate the issues short of shutting off mail security during scheduled archival rounds?

Regards,

Matt Schmotzer

1 REPLY 1

jimbo2
Level 6
Partner
Are there any logs from the mail security software that may indicate what is causing the problem?

Jim S.