cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV Shortcut Report Buildup (Orphan Report)

RobPetersen
Level 2

The reports folder (progfiles\ev\reports) is overflowing with orphan reports (mbxorphanreport) and I can't seem to find any settings to either turn them off or get them under control. Obviously I can create a job to clean them up, but I had thought that possibly this was a feature that was turned on and merely needs to be turned back off. For the record these reports contain a log of shortcut processing (shortcuts orphaned, shortcuts found, shortcuts processed, etc.).

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I just test in my lab and when I set that key it get EV_MBXORPHANREPORT_MYEVSERVER_User_Name 2012-05-01 19-18-21

Is that what you are seeing?  If yes, set that key to 0.  It was a work around for EV 9 but was fixed in EV 9 sp3 and 10

Event ID 2776: CArchivingAgent::AddOrphanedShortcutsToDeleteList EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION @ 0x 619098A

Article: TECH163851  |  Created: 2011-07-03  |  Updated: 2011-10-25  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163851

Also, this key was used with EVDuplicateCleaner if you have ever used that:

Enterprise Vault EVDuplicateCleaner for 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 10.0

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Not really sure there is a way to be honest, i checked the policies and the reg guides and there isnt anything that i can see unfortunately

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TonySterling

Do you have HKLM\SOFTWARE\wow6432node\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Agents\FixOrphanedShortcut set to 1?

TonySterling

I just test in my lab and when I set that key it get EV_MBXORPHANREPORT_MYEVSERVER_User_Name 2012-05-01 19-18-21

Is that what you are seeing?  If yes, set that key to 0.  It was a work around for EV 9 but was fixed in EV 9 sp3 and 10

Event ID 2776: CArchivingAgent::AddOrphanedShortcutsToDeleteList EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION @ 0x 619098A

Article: TECH163851  |  Created: 2011-07-03  |  Updated: 2011-10-25  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH163851

Also, this key was used with EVDuplicateCleaner if you have ever used that:

Enterprise Vault EVDuplicateCleaner for 9.0.1, 9.0.2 and 10.0

RobPetersen
Level 2

You nailed it Tony, thanks man I appreciate it! I couldn't find a single reference to this yet I looked right at this key and didn't make the connection... surprise

mayu
Level 4

Hi Tony

We are using EV 9.0.2

We found some of our users has still old shortcuts (Pointing to EV-A which has target exchange 2003 ) present in their mailbox ( current mailbox on exchange 2010- EV-B)

I like to delete orphan shortcuts from users mailbox I had set this registry key but it seems that it was not working correctly I like to run the shortcut processing task against few users only but it seems that it scans all users mailbox.

I had run this tool but it only delete duplicate entry from archives but not touch on the user mailbox

Should I delete old shortcuts which is still pointing to EV-A, form users mailbox using this tool or registry key?