cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10 Upgrade - Databases

charles-k
Level 5

Hi,

I'm planning an EV 8.0.3 to EV 10.0.2 upgrade/migration from 32-bit to 64-bit hardware.  I have a question about upgrading the EV SQL databases.

I've read through the document on moving the EV SQL databases from one server to another (TECH35744).  But I'm unclear on when I would perform these steps.  I think this is how I need to proceed --

- perform in-place upgrade EV 8.0.3 => EV 9.0.2

- install EV 10.0.2 on new 64-bit server, but do not configure

- follow TECH35744 document:

on EV 9.0.2, detach EV databases from SQL

copy the database files to the 10.0.1 server

on EV 10.0.1, attach EV databases to SQL

update tables in EnterpriseVaultDirectory database to reflect new location of EV databases

- run Server Settings Migration Wizard on 9.0.2 server to export migration package

- run Server Settings Migration Wizard on 10.0.1 server to import migration package

- start EV directory service on 10.0.1 server, which will upgrade the EV Directory database schema

- start EV storage service on 10.0.1 server, which will upgrade the vault store databases

Does this make sense?  Or is there an easier/better way of doing this?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

sounds like that is the right procedures to follow, dont see anything wrong with that or any additions that i would suggest

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

sounds like that is the right procedures to follow, dont see anything wrong with that or any additions that i would suggest

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ameen
Level 6

If you are using reporting then dont forget backup "Encryption Key" from old SQL server and restore to new SQL server where you have reporting.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

charles-k, yes this is the way to go. I have done such a migration a few weeks ago.

Just to be sure, create a backup of the databases  at every step. Just in case.