I'm planning an EV 8.0.3 to EV 10.0.2 upgrade/migration from 32-bit to 64-bit hardware. I have a question about upgrading the EV SQL databases.
I've read through the document on moving the EV SQL databases from one server to another (TECH35744). But I'm unclear on when I would perform these steps. I think this is how I need to proceed --
- perform in-place upgrade EV 8.0.3 => EV 9.0.2
- install EV 10.0.2 on new 64-bit server, but do not configure
- follow TECH35744 document:
on EV 9.0.2, detach EV databases from SQL
copy the database files to the 10.0.1 server
on EV 10.0.1, attach EV databases to SQL
update tables in EnterpriseVaultDirectory database to reflect new location of EV databases
- run Server Settings Migration Wizard on 9.0.2 server to export migration package
- run Server Settings Migration Wizard on 10.0.1 server to import migration package
- start EV directory service on 10.0.1 server, which will upgrade the EV Directory database schema
- start EV storage service on 10.0.1 server, which will upgrade the vault store databases
Does this make sense? Or is there an easier/better way of doing this?
Thanks in advance for any guidance!
Solved! Go to Solution.