cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV10 with Exchange 2010 SP2 OWA in Resource Forest with Linked Mailboxes

chriscolden
Level 4

Hi,

I have Exchange 2010 SP2 running in a resource forest. Enterprise Vault is installed into the same resource forest. I have the owa extentions fully working for a non linked mailbox, ie. the user is in the resource domain. All service accounts for EV are in the resource domain too.

When I log into OWA using a user in the other domain (non resrouce) who has a linked mailbox I get the following results.

• Toolbar buttons show.
  • Icons for shortcuts are missing.
  • I cannot store or restore from vault.

As I've said OWA works for a user who's account is in the resource forest and has a normal mailbox.

All other functionality works for the linked mailbox. Ie. User has correct permissions, Outlook extentions work fully.. ect.ect.. It's just OWA thats giving me issues.

I've had a look into the log files the OWA extentions generate and I can see it using the correct user account and I can see it restoring the item, but I cannot however see any errors.

Any help and pointers with EV setup archiving Linked Mailboxes would be greatly received.

Many Thanks,

Chris Colden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Follow the steps: Additional configuration for linked mailboxes for use with OWA:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO37600#v18360551

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Follow the steps: Additional configuration for linked mailboxes for use with OWA:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO37600#v18360551

chriscolden
Level 4

Thanks for the prompt reply. I havn't seen this article before.

I have some questions though, hopefully you will be able to set me straight.

All EV service accounts are in the resource domain and have standard mailboxes not linked.

Users have linked mailboxes.

EV has the following service accounts with mailboxes as per the recommendations as I have three mailbox servers in a DAG.

svcevservice
svcevexch01
svcevexch02
svcevexch03

So when running the following command, what -Identity am I specifying. Is it systemmailboxes ie. svcevexch01, svcevexch02, svcevexch03. or is it the users linked mailbox?

Thanks

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "What Goes Here??" 
-User svcevservice -AccessRights ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights "Send As"

chriscolden
Level 4

Ok I've worked out that it's the users linked mailbox that needs the permissions applying.

This will be a pain as the command will need to be run everytime a user is moved over to exchange 2010.

Does anyone know how to apply this permission at say the database level and have it propigate onto the mailboxes?

Many Thanks, Chris

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Maybe add the permissions on database level with adsiedit ?

Otherwise you can run a get-mailboxdatabase and pipe the Add-MailboxPermission to all mailboxes and schedule to run this command to run each day.

chriscolden
Level 4

Ok quick update. Send As permissions set on the database don't seem to propigate onto the mailboxes.

a Get-Mailbox | Add-ADPermissions would add for all mailboxes and throw a warning for those which already have it. This isn't ideal, but we can work around that.

Many Thanks for your help with this.

Regards,

Chris Colden