cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV8 Vault Cache popup box

u851662
Level 2
Hey guys, kinda new to this site. We are getting ready to rollout EV8 client and after testing our package I noticed we continue to get the "Vault Cache" popup box on our test box after launching Outlook for the first time after the EV8 client upgrade\install. Do any of you know how I can force surpress this popup box so that our end-users wont see it when they launch outlook for the first time. We want it set to "Do not setup Vault Cache at this time" across the board. The value to "deactivate" cache vaulting is located in HKCU. So changing the value in the registry is out of the question. Please help. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
OK, ask them to uncheck the option to make it available and run a synchronization.  Users will not get the prompt.  :)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
I don't have an image in front of me but have you looked at the Vault Cache properities in the policy? 

TonySterling
And by policy I mean Desktop Policy.  There is a Vault Cache tab and you can unselect the option to enable Vault Cache for your users.  There are also Advanced options when you are ready to allow them to have it.

Regards,

u851662
Level 2
I have not as I am only repackaging the client (msi) for our enviroment per our Exchange Administrators request.

TonySterling
OK, ask them to uncheck the option to make it available and run a synchronization.  Users will not get the prompt.  :)

u851662
Level 2
Unselecting the option on the backend should keep that box from popping up after the upgrade is complete on the client? If so I will have our admin confirm and set this so I can test in the lab. Thank you very much. 

TonySterling
Yep, as long as you synchronize the mailboxes so the policy is updated in the hidden message.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I agree with Tony that the best way is to review your policy...  or you could try setting OVEnabled = 0 in the client key of the registry during the installation (but that's *not* a very neat way of doing it).
Working for cloudficient.com

TonySterling
Did unselecting that box keep the prompt from showing?