cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM NOT WORKING

cguinn75
Level 4
Partner

this is my evpm script i'm trying to test on deleted items, everytime i run it nothing seems to be happening is there something I'm missing?  Tried it with sentitems as well, I'm just trying to archive all deleteditems for test... I tried with distingueshedname= all and that didn't work as well..

Thanks,

[Directory]
DirectoryComputername = dcvault
SiteName = dcvast_vault
[Filter]
Name = SentFilter
CreateShortcut = true
DeleteOriginal = true
UnreadMail = true
UseInactivityPeriod = true
UsePercentageQuota = false
InactivityUnits = days
InactivityPeriod = 0
[Mailbox]
DistinguishedName =/o=Dcvast Net/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recipients/cn=cguinn
[Folder]
Name = DeletedItems
Filtername = SentFilter
OverrideArchiveLocks = true

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Yes you have to change the mailbox policy to archive from the deleted items folder - otherwise it will just skip it.

Just a note - all that EVPM script does it change the archive settings for the Deleted Items folder.  You then have to run the Archive Task for the archiving to take place.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
If what you are trying to achieve is to archive the deleted items folder then why are you trying with EVPM?
This can be switched on in the Exchange Policy in the Archiving General section.

cguinn75
Level 4
Partner
I am just testing, I also tested it out on sentitems folder and it didn't work as well.  I just added the deleted items in the last run I tried to rule out the sentitem folder but they both didn't work so i think i am missing something.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
what version are you using?

cguinn75
Level 4
Partner
the command doesn't error out as well...

cguinn75
Level 4
Partner
I still cant get the deleted  items to run through evpm....Nothing changes when I run the task...

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have you applied the EVPM hotfix?

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/316526.htm

Which versions of Symantec Enterprise Vault (tm) can this hotfix be applied?
Enterprise Vault 8.0 Build 1405
What issue does this hotfix resolve?
The new UsePercentageQuota setting is now not a required parameter. All existing EVPM scripts will run as before.
Which files does this hotfix replace?
EVPM.exe
How to install this hotfix:
1. Stop any running instances of the EVPM.exe tool

2. Make a backup of the original EVPM.exe in the Enterprise Vault install directory

3. Copy in the hotfix version of EVPM.exe

cguinn75
Level 4
Partner
Still didn't work , thanks for the hotfix....  I'm wondering since i have the  mailbox policy to not archive deleted item, is that overriding anything that I'm manually trying to archive through evpm...If i turn it on the archiving task will run and archive it..

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 Yes you have to change the mailbox policy to archive from the deleted items folder - otherwise it will just skip it.

Just a note - all that EVPM script does it change the archive settings for the Deleted Items folder.  You then have to run the Archive Task for the archiving to take place.

cguinn75
Level 4
Partner
Through testing I was able to  change retention category on deleted items but you must set the archive deleted items set to on, otherwise it will not archive anything, I guess the evpm does not override that setting.