cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10 sharepoint archiving

Merv
Level 6
Partner

I am considering a new implementation of EV 10 to arhchive about 2 TB of Sharepoint doc data, Doc,pdf,tiff,jpg.

There is another vendor proposing Commvault Simpana 9.  I am more familiar with Exchange and File archival and just need real world info on sharepoint archival.

Also any issues it there is a custom sharepoint application. Basically we want to offload files out of SQL into cheaper storage and also long term retention.

Anyone here got any analysis on capability/intergration/ease of use and other eval criteria comparisons between the 2 products?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So CommVault is "the house the backup built". 

Backup is really their sweet spot and typically archiving is only sold or offered with their backup solution.  I am not that familiar with what they can do in regards to SharePoint but if eDiscovery is in play then I think CV's solution isn't as advanced as most customers need.  It is more of a "pump and dump" solution.

If you have any other specific quesitons feel free to ping me offline and I will try and help.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

So CommVault is "the house the backup built". 

Backup is really their sweet spot and typically archiving is only sold or offered with their backup solution.  I am not that familiar with what they can do in regards to SharePoint but if eDiscovery is in play then I think CV's solution isn't as advanced as most customers need.  It is more of a "pump and dump" solution.

If you have any other specific quesitons feel free to ping me offline and I will try and help.

Cheers,