Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 2007 sp3 and SQL warnings

ESI_EVAULT
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I am receiving the following warning each day on my Vault servers:

The SQL database transaction log for Vault Store '********' has used 98% of its allocated space.

The information in this database is at risk until the database has been backed up.

Review your SQL database backup procedures and make any changes needed to ensure that backups happen in a timely fashion.

Ensure that your database is adequately sized for the transactions taking place during an archive run.

Also check that there is enough disk space available to accommodate any growth in your database and database transaction log files.

The SQL administrator is assuring us backups are occurring.  In addition, the transaction log is set to grow by 10 MB up to 2 GB, and currently only 440 MB are being used.

Any ideas as to what may be occurring?

Thanks....
3 REPLIES 3

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

On the SQL Management Studio, could you got to the Vault Store Database in question, right click on it and choose "Properties". You will see there when the last Database Backup was, and when the last Transaction log Backup was.

I'm sure one of them will say that it haven't been backed-up lately (probably Transaction log ;) )

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

ESI_EVAULT
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the info.

I already checked and that appears to have been the problem. 

MarkB_2
Level 4
EV rarely lies :)