cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 7.0 +Outlook 2003

dpolishsensatio
Level 2
We currently have Enterprise Vault 6.0 installed on our systems.  We will be upgrading to Enterprise Vault 7.0 and I will be packaging and testing this product.  I tested EV 7.0 on a machine with Outlook 2003 but, after installation, I receive the following error message:

Error in registry for extension "Exchange Extensions;?". The syntax or format of the registry is incorrect.  Check the registry settings and compare the registry for the extension to other extensions in the registry.

Now, according to the Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts, Outlook 2003 with SP1 is compatible with EV 7.0, but Outlook 2002 is not compatible with EV 7.0.  I have tested it on Outlook 2002 and it works for me.  Can anyone shed any light on this?  Thanks for your time.
3 REPLIES 3

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Check the updates.htm, I seem to remember they cover Outlook logging this error.
In terms of Outlook XP support, it's untested, uncertified and would be unsupported.  You're much better off just trying to resolve the Outlook 2003 issue.

dpolishsensatio
Level 2
Now when you say Outlook XP is unsupported, are you referring to the Enterprise Vault 7.0 User Extensions?  That is what I will be deploying.  I just want to make sure I'm understanding you :)

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Sorry to be unclear.  I'm talking about Outlook version on EV, not on the desktop.