cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 8.0 Offline Settings Missing in Admin Console

Michael_Corco1
Level 4

We installed the 8.0 client (an upgrade from EV 2007) and didn't find the Offline Vault options in Outlook. So then we checked Site/Policies/Exchage Mailbox/Default Exchange Mailbox Policy dialog. Under the Advanced tab, under "List settings from:" there is no option for Offline Vault, only an option for Archiving General.

What am I missing in this scenario? Thanks for any help!

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited

Hi,

V8 introduces the concept of desktop policies. So the settings for the client have been moved to that policy.  So you should find them there.

Mike

Michael_Corco1
Level 4

Thanks. I took a look at the Desktop Policies and see that on the Vault Cache tab, "Make Vault Cache available for users" is checked, and I've set it to allow users to decide. All the Features are checked. On the Advanced tab, all the defaults are checked for the Vault Cache options. Still no options showing in Outlook. I've run the Mailbox Tasks and Synch options. I've reinstalled the desktop software. Still no Offline Vault Options.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

What version of Outlook?  

Also, in Outlook when you click Tools>Enterprise Vault do you see anything for Vault Cache? 

MiaLid
Level 3
..discussed above.
My user have outlook 2003. Any more suggestions?
Regards,
Mia

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Hi MiaLid,

I'd suggest creating a new topic, but a few things to check :-

* What do you have in your desktop policy with regards to Vault Cache?
* Are you client machine using EV 8 too?
* Are the client machines in Outlook cached mode?
* Do you have a client trace from a machine where you don't have any VC buttons?
* Is the policy set to such a way that the buttons/icons aren't visible in the task bar, but they are visible on the menu?

Hope that helps,

Working for cloudficient.com