cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Intermittent Error

Tim_Housam
Level 2

'The item could not be download {OIOM}' Error 80040119

We are getting the above intermittently across a number of our users and I've read through the other posts regarding this but we don't have 'DisablePSTGrowth' in the registry. We do however disable the creation of PST's through GPO.

We are using remote desktop services (Win Server 2008 R2) & Outlook 2007 SP3 - any ideas?

Is there a timeout for connection?

8 REPLIES 8

PST_Accelerator
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Which keys are you applying via GPO?

Is it as follows:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\PST]
"PSTDisableGrow"=dword:00000001
"PSTDisableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides"=dword:00000001

I've seen this error caused by not having the keys correctly applied.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
... is it DisablePST that you are deploying via GPO? That's the one which stops creation of PSTs. PSTDisableGrow stops ADDING data to PSTs. If that *is* set then it is required to set PSTDIsableGrowAllowAuthenticodeOverrides, for EV to work. So, please confirm/show the registry keys that the GPO pushes out (or what the policy does)
Working for cloudficient.com

Tim_Housam
Level 2

No, not any of the keys you have mentioned - we just have a GPO that hides the archive options from the menu so the users don't have the options

Thanks

Tim

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

hmm... I don't suppose you have been able to capture a client trace containing the error?

Tim_Housam
Level 2

Yes, got one here

Thanks

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

This is the one that is failing...

Downloading: http://evserver.thebroker.co.uk/EnterpriseVault/download.asp?VaultID=18429837A041AD948A6FEDF4E0D9029CF1110000evserver&SaveSetID=201204305805274~201110311611330000~Z~B07B5336CB39280FAB3D076D1D3A6391&FormatType=Unicode&Client=EV9.0.2.1136-Outlook12&Format=MUD&AttachmentID=0

Does that always fail (ie try the same message again)?  Does it work if you copy/paste the URL in to Internet Explorer?  

Tim_Housam
Level 2

No - doesn't always fail, it can do the same on different emails too.

Tried again and the email now opens fine & also works when copy/paste the URL in IE.

Unfortunately this is intermittent.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

just as a matter of interest, if you go to the  IIS logs around that date and time and find the request for the item that Rob highlighted, what was the result of that? and is there anything in the event logs around that time also on the EV server itself?

May also be worth testing on a higher version of the client, but i wouldn't expect it to yield any different results

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146