cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault and Follow up flags

MarkHD
Level 3

My company is using Enterprise Vault and I work a lot with follow up flags but when an email is flagged and goes into archiving it doesn't allow me to clear the flag if I want. Is there any way to set that flagged emails are not archived into the vault or a way to clear follow up flags in archived emails ?

Thanks!

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

afaik, EV is not able to update the status flag on an item once it's been archived. however, EV is not set by default to archive items with pending reminders so that woul dbe the way to avoid having your flagged items archived.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

AndrewB

afaik, EV is not able to update the status flag on an item once it's been archived. however, EV is not set by default to archive items with pending reminders so that woul dbe the way to avoid having your flagged items archived.

MarkHD
Level 3

thanks for your feedback, and is it also not possible to put a setting that flagged emails are not archived or something ? Does the do not auto archive function in Outlook which you can set for a specific mail also apply to when the archiving goes to the Enterprise Vault ?

AndrewB

no, only if it's flagged with a pending reminder. outlook's auto archive is something else but what you might be able to do (if your ev admin allows it) is right click on a message or a folder and set "do not archive" in the EV tab options

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Once the item has turned into a shortcut the user should be able to clear the flag - the pending item doesn't allow modifications (i.e. clearing the flag)

Unfortunately at this time clearing the flag doesn't result in the archived item getting updated - therefore it a user retrieves the item the flag state will be restored too.

MarkHD
Level 3

Hi Karl, thanks for your feedback. I've tried this and I can clear the flag so that is great and when i've cleared the flag I will propably won't have to retrieve the mail anymore, so that part is solved this way.

But in my Outlook i work with Search folders which combine the mails of my follow up flags. I can create a search folder for follow up flags under the folders in The Vault, but it doesn't seem to pick up the emails that have a follow up flag. Is it so that Search Folders don't work in the Vault ?

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Are you talking about using Virtual Vault - so the archive is appearing as a message store within Outlook?

If so Virtual Vault (VV) doesn't currently download and show flag status (which is why the search folders would not show these items).  Also other than item movement VV is read-only, you cannot set or clear flags.

Thanks

Karl

MarkHD
Level 3

I've attached a picture how this is presented on the left side of my Outlook like other PST files. 

Is there a way i can mark emails so that they will not be archived into the Vault ? At the moment it all goes automaticly when my mailbox reaches a certain size or items that are older than a month.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You can stop an item being archived - not sure if it works for all users, or whether a policy setting will control it in some way.  

http://thingsilearnedtoday.net/2010/06/22/do-not-archive-single-item/

(I've not tried it in a while either .. but it's worth a look)

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB

Mark, how are you coming along with this? This is what i recommended in my reply to you back on 12/4.

MarkHD
Level 3

Hi Andrew , I've set an email to do not auto archive but my EV hasn't done any auto archiving yet, so i am still waiting to see if it works. So I will know when i'll be back from holiday which starts this afternoon :)