Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault chat room, good idea?

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Seeing topics in the Altiris forum regarding people missing the chat feature that the Juice system used to have.  Do people think a EV chatroom would be a good idea or is it just too much?

Someone there mentioned Mibbit chat client so I very quickly just create a EV chat room. below..

https://widget.mibbit.com/?server=irc.mibbit.net%3A%2B6697&channel=%23EV&nick=WdgUsr_%3F%3F%3F&setti...

So it it a good idea?
Even if it is, is mibbit the way to go?

Your thoughts appreciated.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It is :)

Check it out,  http://www.evdiscuss.net/forum/chat/flashchat.php is the direct link but you can always get to it from the main site.  comments and feedback always welcome, the site is going through a UI redesign, but the functionality is staying the same. Well I am adding an event ID database and regkey list db too, but that's it for now.

--wayne

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Hi Mike,

I set this up quite a while back, and discussed it with you :(

I think sticking to one place is the way to go, mibbit is cool, but has no account authentication.  If you use evdiscuss.net, A) you already have the members and B) there are different channels for different folks.  Why reinvent the wheel on something that's already rolling?

Besides, you meant to be supporting me, not branching away?

--wayne

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I'm unsure if it is a great idea.

I'm sure most companies would want their staff to spend their time working than on a chat site.

The forums are different, they are well known to be used for support.

Once you mention CHAT managment freak out

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited
I agree with Scanner. Support forum, don't care for "chat."

tmurray1
Level 5
Chat deserves consideration as resolving a technical issue by means of a chat session is often faster than solving an issue using forums.

The more tools at our disposal the faster a solution can be obtained.

Tammy

Maverik
Level 6
I think it would be great for those yes no questions or basic troubleshooting. Shoud be an addition to the forums not viewed negatively. Wayne come back and get this set up! :)

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
It is :)

Check it out,  http://www.evdiscuss.net/forum/chat/flashchat.php is the direct link but you can always get to it from the main site.  comments and feedback always welcome, the site is going through a UI redesign, but the functionality is staying the same. Well I am adding an event ID database and regkey list db too, but that's it for now.

--wayne

MichelZ
Level 6
I agree with Scanner & Andrew.
Haven't got enough time for Chat.

It's maybe a good idea for "paid support", but definitely not for a community like this.
All the solutions wouldn't be stored permanently, I'm definitely not willing to waste my time then ;)

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.