cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault "Retrieval of saveset failed." and cannot retrieve archives

SyRichard
Level 3

One of my users is getting this error when he tries to retrieve an email older that 2011. This is the only user affected and we have not changed anything. I am not sure if the bottom two errors have anything to do with what is going on but the top on happens right after I try to open the archive. He has a lot of them that he cannot open so I know he did not delete these ones.

"Could not show this item.

Try again. If it still fails, Contact your help desk.

The item is no longer in the vault. The system cannot find the file specified"

On the server side I am getting this error

"

Retrieval of saveset failed.
Archive Id: 19B09E7B1C2C5E749BE1949B1ECA7A9B81110000.######com
Transaction Id: 905B136C0C362EED9380A872EF65DB81
Extended information: The system cannot find the file specified.  [0x80070002]
Internal Ref: Vault/RI

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

"

I am also getting this error. Not sure if it relates.

"Failed to recall a Saveset from its Collection.

Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.  [0x80070002]
Relative Saveset Filename: 2011\03-16\9\05B\905B136C0C362EED9380A872EF65DB81.DVS
Relative Collection Filename: 2011\03-16\9\Collection103792.cab
PartitionEntryID: 118F7BE39F0080048A371B200268BF5581q10000evault.r.com
PartitionGUID: 18F7BE39F0080048A371B200268BF558
Partition Root Path: E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\2011 10 Oct
Secondary Location:  
Migrated File Id:  
Reference: NSDR/LMF

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

"

And this error.

"

Timed out whilst waiting for the MAPI profile mutex

Exchange Server: xxxxxx
MutexName: EnterpriseVaultProfileMutex XML_IIB4776
Reason: WAIT_TIMEOUT

"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

1. First Check whether the CAB file "Collection103792.cab " present on location or not ?

Location : E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\2011 10 Oct\2011\03-16\9\Collection103792.cab

2. If CAB file not present then try to resotre it from Backup and then try to retrive it.

3. If CAB file present then try to extract it and check whether it contain the .DVS file.

4. Have to excluded the location from antivirus scanning because some time antivirus program corrupt the files.

5. Have you migrated the CAB to secondary storage ?

Recommended list of antivirus exclusions for Symantec Enterprise Vault.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48856

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
I take it you confirmed whether the cab file exists or not? What version of EV btw?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First 3 errors looks to be pointing that saveset or associated CAB file does not exist in physical location.

Can you check, inside the partition, collection  "2011\03-16\9\Collection103792.cab" file exist physically? If yes then check, Does the DVS "A05B\905B136C0C362EED9380A872EF65DB81.DVS" exist in CAB file?

If CAB does not exist then you need to restore it via backup and place it on above mentioned location.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

Also run EVSVR>Dumpsaveset and upload the report. command would like below. (ref http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37697)

c:\program file 86\enterprise vault>EVSVR
Interactive
DS 19B09E7B1C2C5E749BE1949B1ECA7A9B81110000evault.stryker.com 905B136C0C362EED9380A872EF65DB81 -O C:\temp

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

1. First Check whether the CAB file "Collection103792.cab " present on location or not ?

Location : E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\2011 10 Oct\2011\03-16\9\Collection103792.cab

2. If CAB file not present then try to resotre it from Backup and then try to retrive it.

3. If CAB file present then try to extract it and check whether it contain the .DVS file.

4. Have to excluded the location from antivirus scanning because some time antivirus program corrupt the files.

5. Have you migrated the CAB to secondary storage ?

Recommended list of antivirus exclusions for Symantec Enterprise Vault.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48856

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

Is this issue solved now?

SyRichard
Level 3

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I have been swamped with other tasks at work that were higher priority . A little more background on what happened. We merged an old EV setup in our corporate EV. The user had all of his information exported from the EV setup where he was located and re imported into the new EV setup at corp. We did this to consolidate resources instead of having them spread all over.

I cannot find his CAB files. We have not moved anything. I am new to EV and not sure how to pull out the CAB from backup. Those are missing.

Once again I am sorry for not responding quick enough.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

Thanks for update, your backup team would be in better position to give missing CAB "2011\03-16\9\Collection103792.cab". You can restore backup set to alternate location and just pick up the missing CAB and place it in original EV location.

SyRichard
Level 3

So there is nothing that I could do myself to fix this issue? and how would they go about getting these specific cab files.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6

If these CAB file cannot be recovered then as a last resort you may need to run EVSVR in repair mode with action "DeleteSurplusRecord", You can use date range in order to limit scope of rapair operation.

You need to take backup of EV enviroment & Please contact support for recommendation OF using EVSVR.
http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37669

Ben_Watts
Level 6
Employee Accredited

As EV-Counselor mentioned  -  To restore the items the Backup Team would need to restore the item from the EV Server backup and restore the below file:-

E:\Enterprise Vault Stores\2011 10 Oct\2011\03-16\9\Collection103792.cab

If the cab file does exist in the backup media then there is nothing that can be done unfortunately and again as EV-Counselor said you would need to remove the entries from the SQL DBs so that you didnt get any event log errors.

But at the end of the day, if the file isnt in that location, you do not migrate to secodary location and the Backup Team is unable to recall the item then there is nothing more you can do, the item (As well as all others in the CAB) is gone.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You mentioned that "We merged an old EV setup in our corporate EV. The user had all of his information exported from the EV setup where he was located and re imported into the new EV setup at corp". Did you mean exported to PST and then re-imported to his new archive? Do you know if this is an old EV shortcut from the previous environment? Have you tried to search the same email but using Archive Explorer? When you re-imported the data, did you create the EV shortcuts in the mailbox?

I was wondering if this user was trying to open an old EV shortcut. Take a look at the EV shortcut properties from Outlook and make sure that the archive ID matches the new user's archive ID from the VAC. If it does, then you need to follow the above suggestions with EVSVR and contact support for further assistance.

I hope this helps.

SyRichard
Level 3

It was only a small amount from the old ev setup so we just exported all the PST files and re imported. That is the most that I know about it. How it was done not sure. I was not around when this took place. This was just hand me down knowledge. I have tried to Archive Explorer and still nothing. I am not sure if shortcuts were made. I believe they were as they are our default setup. Thank you fo everyones help. I am going to make sure that the archive ID matches right now.