Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault archive data (vault store partition) move to other location

sandeepk
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear Team,

We have migrated Enterprise vault server physical to virtual. And I have upgrade Enterprise vault 9.0 to 10.0.4, version upgradation was successfully done. But now I have facing issue with old data movement (close vault store). Physical to virtual.

I have tried below option:-

1. Copy & paste with Robo copy & tera copy  ( taking long time to process)
  2. Using  Backup Exec  & HP DP application for backup and restoration (vault store partition)

But didn’t work because when I restore the vault store partition on target path. We found file difference.

Please someone help me for this issue .

I want move close vault store partition on new server ( data size in 11 TB)

Regards

Sandeep kadlak

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
That's really a question for backup exec, there's not much we can really do because they're just files But what do you define as difference? Size? Number of files? Do you use cab files? With robocopy did you set it to verify all the copies? Do you have a list of items that are different? Only thing I could think of is that you use Collections (CAB files) and that the difference are archdvs files are getting created and deleted But yeah if your restore doesn't match the source with backup exec then I'd take it up with them
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JesusWept3
Level 6
That's really a question for backup exec, there's not much we can really do because they're just files But what do you define as difference? Size? Number of files? Do you use cab files? With robocopy did you set it to verify all the copies? Do you have a list of items that are different? Only thing I could think of is that you use Collections (CAB files) and that the difference are archdvs files are getting created and deleted But yeah if your restore doesn't match the source with backup exec then I'd take it up with them

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Typically the difference can be seen if you are running collections.  Best advice is to use robocopy and then run EVSVR to verify all the emails are there.,

JesusWept3
Level 6

across eleven terabytes that will take months, really your best bet is to look at whats different and go from there, because if your backups arent restoring the full dataset then you have bigger problems that could really impact you in a DR scenario which is usually not an If but When.

sandeepk
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear,

Thanks for your reply !!!!!!

File collection is not enabled on vault store and I have put vault store in backup mode when the vault store backup jobs run

sandeepk
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear ,

Below different I have found, when restore and copy paste vault store on destination path

Source  Disk

Size:- 278 Gb

Size on disk:- 292 Gb

File count 7,431,384

Folder count 112,110

Destination Disk

Size:- 275 Gb

Size on disk:- 290 Gb

File count 7,328,285

Folder count 112,110