cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for user enabled in EV for Domino

Matthew_Cowen
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Quick question.  My client has forwarded an error message a few users are seeing after being enabled for EV 10 for Domino (see attached).

This has happened to user who were previously using Notes 6.x and have been migrated to Notes 8.5 for compatibility with EV10.

Has anyone any ideas, or can I get more information for you to help me troubleshoot the problem.  Please note, I am not a Domino expert and will need a little help to b pointed in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance.

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you say upgraded from 6 to 8 I am assuming you are referring to the version of Lotus Domino server that are being targeted. If that is the case then it sounds like the working users and non-working users may be on different target domino servers?  Then you mention that you apply the EVmail85.ntf to the mail file. My question for better understanding is the target mail server on Domino 8.0 or Domino 8.5?

Probably the next comparision I would make between a working user and a non- working user is to compare the database design properties of databases. Specifically looking at inheritance. See the attached jpg.

That fact that you say you have to wait may indicate a replication issue in the environment of either standard templates or the evtemplates.

You may also want to post the contents of the evinstall log for the affected target up here just to have a look at it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Percy_Vere
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The error translates as 'document design not found'  and then 'click here to update your browser'

This indicates that either the users notes template files don't include the ev parts or evinstall.nsf has not been run on the domino gateway in order to apply the ev options to the mail templates.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37148

jim_leggett
Level 6

Percy is correct something is missing from user's mail template.

You do need to ensure that EVINstall.nsf was run with a supported version of the Notes Client and with the signing user id.

Additionally, you need to review the logs in EVinstall to verify there are no errors.

You also need to determine if the customer is attempting to use customized templates and that the standard templates they are using are from a supported version.

Best bet is to check all pre-reqs and run evinstall.nsf again. It also may have different little issues with language versions of the templates etc.

jim_leggett
Level 6

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Matthew_Cowen
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi Jim, Percy,

I guessed it was something to do with the user's mail template.  My client insists that he has done the upgrade procedure from 6 to 8 correctly and the applied the EVMail85 one after.

Other users that were on v8 and have been enabled for archiving have had no such problems.

We saw no errors in the EVinstall logs, but I will check again, just in case.

Question, should we upgrade the user to 8.5, run it for a few days, then enable to EV by applying the EVMail85 template ?

I'm trying to understand the difference between two users, one that used to be on 6 that was upgraded to 8 a long time ago and was subsequently enabled for EV after I did the install and the other that was still on 6 when I did the install of EV... the few we tested were already on 8 and have been enabled ok.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Matthew

jim_leggett
Level 6

When you say upgraded from 6 to 8 I am assuming you are referring to the version of Lotus Domino server that are being targeted. If that is the case then it sounds like the working users and non-working users may be on different target domino servers?  Then you mention that you apply the EVmail85.ntf to the mail file. My question for better understanding is the target mail server on Domino 8.0 or Domino 8.5?

Probably the next comparision I would make between a working user and a non- working user is to compare the database design properties of databases. Specifically looking at inheritance. See the attached jpg.

That fact that you say you have to wait may indicate a replication issue in the environment of either standard templates or the evtemplates.

You may also want to post the contents of the evinstall log for the affected target up here just to have a look at it.

Matthew_Cowen
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Jim,

Many thanks for the reply.  To clarify :

- Domino Server v8.5

- When I said users upgraded from 6 to 8.5 I meant the Database of the users mail file was upgraded as they were still using a 6.x database on the 8.5 Domino server.

- There is only one server apart from a frontal in the DMZ

I'll get in touch with the client and have him send over the EVInstall.log, although I do remember looking at it and not seeing anything remarkable.

I'll get the client to check the inheritance too.

Cheers,

Matthew

jim_leggett
Level 6

sounds good.

Matthew_Cowen
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Jim,

Thanks for your input.  It seems that a quick reboot of the EV server + Domino has resolved the problem.

We are proceeding to deploy more users and we'll see how that goes.

My guess is that the Domino server was not completely functional...

I'll let you know how it goes.

Many thanks again.

Matthew

jim_leggett
Level 6

Sometimes its the simple stuff isn't it?