cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 2776, 8390, 6281 with The RPC server is unavailable

Peng_Khiong_T1
Level 3
Hi there,

Running EV7.0 SP1, been working well for a while until the following errors come out.

Event ID 2276

An exception occurred in routine

CArchivingAgent::GetDeletedItemFoldersList

Event ID 8390

The EnterpriseVault.DirectoryConnection object reported an error.

The RPC server is unavailable.

Event ID 6281

Could not obtain the computer name on which to query for an IStorageOnlineOpns interface

The RPC server is unavailable. [0x800706ba]

Any idea? Logged a case with Symantec Support, not sure how long I need to wait for them to get back to me.

Thanks,

Peng Khiong

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_Ellen
Not applicable
Do you get these in succession? As in they get logged at the same time, then shortly after all three events get logged again (and again)?

If so, I had the same problem. In my case it turned out to be a policy setting I had changed.
In the Mailbox policies, have you enabled the option 'Delete orphaned shortcuts' in any of the policies? If so, I recommend unckecking this option. I cannot remember the exact reason that was given, but it is related to a bug that is currently being looked at by Symantec.

Once you make the policy change, re-sync all the mailboxes and you shouldn't see the errors again.

Peng_Khiong_T1
Level 3

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the 3 Events being logged in sequence again and again whenever I try to run the Mail Archiving Task.
I will give it a try tomorrow as my customer is away from office today.
I didn't know that "Delete orphaned shortcuts" is still a bug?? As if I recall correctly, this is the new feature being introduce in version 7.0

Anyway, I will do a update over here on the result.

Peng Khiong

Peng_Khiong_T1
Level 3
All 3 Errors in Event Log gone after turn off the option "Delete Orphaned Shortcuts". Once again, thanks to Chris for sharing the info.

Thanks,
Peng Khiong