cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Server 2003 defragmentation problem

karubum
Not applicable

Hi,

I have Exchange Server 2003 and its limit exceed to 80gb already. I have heard Symantec could defrag the system but how much? I need help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

This forum is for questions on Enterprise Vault, not Exchange. (in general)

Also, from your question, it is difficult to understand the question. What is 80GB? mailboxes? Stores? Pagefile? Assuming you mean the store, check in eventviewer an ONLINE defrag is running. When that is running, check the event 1221 (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324358) for free space. When that is high, you need to perform on offline defrag. Check MS site again on how to do this.

If you're looking for a solution to make your mailboxes smaller, and move mails to cheaper storage, perform retention etc, talk to Symantec about Enterprise Vault for Exchange. If your question is truly for Exchange, please find a forum of Microsoft.

Good luck, and regards

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

This forum is for questions on Enterprise Vault, not Exchange. (in general)

Also, from your question, it is difficult to understand the question. What is 80GB? mailboxes? Stores? Pagefile? Assuming you mean the store, check in eventviewer an ONLINE defrag is running. When that is running, check the event 1221 (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324358) for free space. When that is high, you need to perform on offline defrag. Check MS site again on how to do this.

If you're looking for a solution to make your mailboxes smaller, and move mails to cheaper storage, perform retention etc, talk to Symantec about Enterprise Vault for Exchange. If your question is truly for Exchange, please find a forum of Microsoft.

Good luck, and regards

Regards. Gertjan