Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange archiving: No mailboxes found on clean install

Carlos_Castro
Level 4

Hi everyone, hope you can help me with this one:

Scenario:

I'm having some trouble after installing enterprise vault for exchange archiving. I'v set up a clean VM with Windows Server 2008 R2, set as domain controller and installed SQL server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2007. Enterprise Vault target version is EV 10.

Details:

The deployment scanner reported no errors, so installed enterprise vault, and afterwards run configuration wizard and getting started wizard with no errors. The getting started wizard created the provisioning group (whole organization), tasks and so on.

I created a mailbox with its corresponding new user, called EVUser. Afterwards went to the archiving task and pressed synchronize. Later, I run the provisioning task manually which run with no errors - checked the report which was like the following: http://pastebin.com/jSnW4Cvu

Problems:

When I run the archiving task, nothing happens, and nothing appears in the archiving reports folder. In the event viewer I see the following: http://pastebin.com/m20qhwbe - but it mentions the steps I had performed before. 

Also, if in the administration console I go to tools->enable mailboxes->list all available mailboxes, then I get "There are no new mailboxes that can be enabled on this server. Check that you have provisioned new users on this Exchange server, and that the provisioning task has been run", and later shows "no mailboxes found".

Please, let me know if you need any further information or action from me.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carlos_Castro
Level 4

I got it working, it was just the permissions of the EV account over the exchange accounts. It didn't show any accounts because it actually didn't have permission to see any. Changed the permissions in exchange and worked.

Thanks all for your answers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Carlos_Castro
Level 4

Extra info:

If I go to the properties of the archiving task and select synchronize with the "select mailboxes" radiobutton selected, the system also says that "there are no available mailboxes"

Any help will be much appreciated

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What happens if you go to the enable mailbox wizard? Also do you have any provisioning reports showing he user being picked up?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

CFreeX
Level 4

Yeah, I would double check if user belong to the provisioning group. Try adding directly to the prov. group too. 

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

On your SQL server that hosts the EV databases, open the SQL management studio and then open the EnterpriseVaultDirectory and then open the ExchangeMailboxEntry table - are there any entries in here? If there are what does the ArchivingState column say (should be 0, 1 or 2), in your case should be 0 for new mailbox.

It does sounds like your mailboxes has not yet been provisisioned or/and not synchronised. Might be worth dtracing the provisioning and synchronisation processes to see what is happening.

Carlos_Castro
Level 4

I got it working, it was just the permissions of the EV account over the exchange accounts. It didn't show any accounts because it actually didn't have permission to see any. Changed the permissions in exchange and worked.

Thanks all for your answers!