cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA placeholder recalls

Vikes_2
Level 6

Hello,

I have a question about something that I have not tried before and was looking for confirmation.

I have been asked to recall data from a restored backup from a file server. The problem is that they want to restore the data to a server that is different from the original archive target.  I was not sure just installing the fsa agent on the new sever would work, do the placeholders function properly if they are on a different server than where they were originally archived? I would think that the server would need to be targeted and was not sure how the placeholders functioned if they were not on the original server.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Travis

2 REPLIES 2

Maverik
Level 6

Do recalls work ok from the restored server? only seen sometimes depending on the Backup software used these do not recreate the reparsepoint information correctly or alternate data streams for archive points.

If it does great, you could use FSAUtility to restore to alternate location. This should be covered in the utilities guide for EV.  However I would recommend that you are running at least ev8 sp4 to use this. 

Alternatley you can you look to use things like robocopy and set the reg keys below as per the EV registry guide.

BypassRecallLimitsForAdmins

RecallLimitTimeInterval

Both guides should be avail;able on the product media.

Maverik
Level 6

Hi,

Did you require any more assistance with this or did my reply resolve your query? If so please mark as solved to assist others who may have the same question.