Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File System Archive on AIX

Tornado
Level 2

Hello everyone,

My first post, so patience.

Would you please let me know about the support / availability of File System Archive in AIX operating system. Our client has AIX os & they wanna use symantic File System Archive

Needs expert opinion & experiences

Thanks

Justin

justin.collins82 at yahoo dot com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Justin

Compat guides for EV are found here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

However the answer to your question is probably a no, as I believe AIX is Unix based, and Unix is unsupported

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...moved to a new discussion and the correct group!

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Justin

Compat guides for EV are found here:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

However the answer to your question is probably a no, as I believe AIX is Unix based, and Unix is unsupported

Tornado
Level 2

Hi Mohawk,

Thanks for the reply.

I had already gone through the compat guide, but i would like to ensure that unix flavour are not supported, which is quite suprising for me.

If AIX is not supported, then which product should we recommend to client. any thoughts & experience?

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Well the guide says "All Versions" of Unix are unsupported, and if it really is troublesome for you, there is an Ideas section on these forums, you could also ring your acct manager to raise it with him.

As for recommending another solution, the Enterprise Vault forums are probably the wrong place to ask smiley

If you are happy your original question is answered please mark a post as the solution, I would appreciate it

Tornado
Level 2

Thanks dear.

Would you send me a pm on my email regarding any alternative candidate for that sort of requirement

justin.collins82 at yahoo dot com