cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Timer with Enterprise Vault and icons refuse to show up in Outlook and OWA?

bLaZe
Level 2
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure I've simply missed something, as this is my first time setting up Enterprise Vault v8 (trial) just to see how it goes. I've read over and over the manuals but just can't seem to get the icons etc to come up in Outlook 2003.

Small test site setup:

server1: Windows 2003 Server SP2, AD, DHCP etc.. plus with Exchange 2003 SP2  (32bit OS)
server2: Enterprise Vault v8.0 SP2 (32bit OS)
Client: Windows XP Sp3 and Office 2003 SP3 (32bit OS)

After many hours of reading and installing, I've got Enterprise Vault installed and configured based on the manuals, everything "seems" fine, all Enterprise Vault services start fine and there are no errors I can see in the event log. I believe arching is configured correctly, because on "server2" I can search the archive in the administration console (Archives / Exchange Journal / Right Click "search archive") and email appears.
On the client side Outlook does show the "Enterprise Vault" entry in the Add-in Manager, so I figure its something to do with the "enabling of the user" part I keep reading about? (having said that I have configured the Exchange Provisioning Group to use the "Whole Exchange Organisation").
Is there any way I can log what the Enterprise Vault client is actually doing (or not doing) in this case?

cya

Craig

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bLaZe
Level 2
I worked it out, appears to be running the "Enterprise Vault Tasks" that fixed it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

bLaZe
Level 2
I worked it out, appears to be running the "Enterprise Vault Tasks" that fixed it.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
I'm glad that you managed to sort it out yourself.  The Admin Guide, and the Install and Config Guide are going to be very helpful to you whilst you learn your way around I think.. and of course you can post questions on this forum too.

Working for cloudficient.com