We are in the process of planning for EV 9 implementation and looking for an HA solution as well as a DR solution.
Our ‘”production” EV infrastructure is as follows:
• Single Site Configuration, with three physical EV servers configured to archive mail from Exchange 2010.
• Clustered SQL 2008 Server which will be geo-clustered to replicate to DR site
• Vault Store Data on NAS (CIFS Share), Indexes and SQL DB’s on SAN
Our typical clustering technology is MSCS. I was thinking of clustering the three EV servers using MSCS for high availability for production.
For our DR, we want manual intervention. I had these options in mind:
· Creating three servers at the DR site and using Update Service Locations/Building blocks to move services and tasks
· Add 3 additional passive nodes to the cluster or geo-cluster using w2k8
Is USL/ building blocks + cluster even supported? I heard that with w2k8 clustering, all nodes are no longer required to be on the same LAN segment…? Any ideas on the best HA and DR for this?
Solved! Go to Solution.