cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find how many user licences I have on a Vault 7.5 server?

James_Slack
Level 6

Sorry to ask something that will be really easy when you know, but I have been asked to find how many users we are licnesed for on Vault. I have had a look in the VAC and cant find where to get this info.

Cheers

James

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think really you would need to talk to your Sales people at symantec or any communication  with them you've had in the past.

But even in the SLF files themselves they don't note what the specific terms are

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think really you would need to talk to your Sales people at symantec or any communication  with them you've had in the past.

But even in the SLF files themselves they don't note what the specific terms are

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There are three ways.

Talk to your Symantec rep

Talk to your purchasing Department

Check your files in IT for your purchase orders

Within EV there is no reference to the number of licenses you hold.

If you want that added then you should submit an Idea through the Ideas tab on Connect

James_Slack
Level 6

Thanks guys.

Does Vault then let you go over your licences you pay for? (Not that i want to, I just want to know) Some software works on trust, others are locked down so if you exceed the limit it warns you and stops new users.... if Vault does in fact stop you adding people then it should clearly have a way of seeing how many users you have and how many you are allowed.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

James, the license is done on trust so we will allow you to go over the limit as there may be times, such as Exchange server migration, where you temporarily need to go over the limit

James_Slack
Level 6

That's good to know, thanks.

One final question here... If I have a user that has only one account but (due to issues) ends up with 2 or 3 mailboxes in Vault - does this take 1 licence or 3?

Cheers

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

is a license given to a 'user with mailbox', not archives.

So, if you have a high turn-over rate in employees, you might have 500 licenses (for 500 active users with a mailbox), but have 2500 archives.

Regards. Gertjan

James_Slack
Level 6

Thanks, that is also good to know. :)