cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Increase search results limits

PoorAdmin
Level 6

My manager wants me to increase the numbers of items that can be displayed when doing a query in EV. He gives me the article on creating webapp.ini file and wnats to add the following. Is this the correct way to accomplish this? Since this references federated searches wouldn't think that this is what I would need to adjust to increase number of items. Is this correct?

FederatedSearchMaxItems

Limit the global number of items that a federated search can return, default is 1000, means 10 pages

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Federated Search is used when you search across multiple index volumes, such as 32 bits and 64 bits index volumes or journal archives. Normally, for a regular user, you could try configuring ShowAllMaxResults to a higher value (An integer. The maximum number of search results to display. The default is 500).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If he's referring to the web search page, an easy way to get more items per page is to use:

http://evservername/enterprisevault/search.asp?advanced as the url.

Putting the ?advanced in there will let you choose to get 500 results per page, among other things.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Are you want to increase the display result or you want to increase number of hits of search result ?

Refer :

Configuring Web Access application search results

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56771

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hello,

Federated Search is used when you search across multiple index volumes, such as 32 bits and 64 bits index volumes or journal archives. Normally, for a regular user, you could try configuring ShowAllMaxResults to a higher value (An integer. The maximum number of search results to display. The default is 500).

PoorAdmin
Level 6

The number of displayed results.

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Yes, this worked. Also, had to increase ASP Buffer.Thank you.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Glad to help !!