cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete items from users archive?

Anderswh
Level 3

Hi

I have been trying to find a solution to delete items from users archives, especially their "Deleted items" folder. 1/3 of our archives email is deleted items and I want to clean up the archives.

Can not seem to find anywhere in the Administration Console to delete items, but in the Web app "Archive Explorer" I see the delete button. Problem is it is grayed out, even if I have given the service account permissions to delete items from selected mailbox.

Neither can I change the Archive Settings on Site Properties because the port on "Use HTTPS on the SSL port" is an URL, so can not do any changes on Site Properties. Why there is a URL there I do not know, but in fear of ruining something I do not want to change it unless I can find out how to change it back.

What I want is to delete items in the "Deleted items" folder for each user, and I want to do this as an admin so I myself can delete other users items. Neither have I found an easy way to delete the whole content of the "Deleted items" folder. If a user have 100.000 deleted items I would only be able to delete 100 at the time, or is there also a way to remove it all?

Regards

Anders

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

As far as I know there is no 'in product' way to do what you're after.

And, if you don't allow users to delete from their archive, then I don't think that the vault service account can either - but I haven't tested that.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

As far as I know there is no 'in product' way to do what you're after.

And, if you don't allow users to delete from their archive, then I don't think that the vault service account can either - but I haven't tested that.

Anderswh
Level 3

Ok, that is what I thought, unfortunately. I would be fairly happy with beeing able to manually delete top 200 biggest items in "Deleted folder", so allowing users to delete from their archive would probably do the trick.

I would gladly test that out if it were not for "Use HTTPS on the SSL port" having an URL instead of a port number. If I change it to a port I will not be able to reenter the URL in case changing the URL to a number would make something stop working.

Do you have any idea where the URL is configured? It is obviously not in the Administrator Console since I get the "Set the selected port value to be an integer between 1 and 65535.".

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

DefaultWebAppURL field in the SiteEntry table in the Directory Database....

Anderswh
Level 3

Instead of changing the DefaultWebAppURL I just set the UsersCanDeleteItems to 1 and I can now delete items. Thank you for the help.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're welcome.