Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to journal BCC recipients on Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

oguzhan
Level 3
Accredited

There is a article that about 2003 but not 2010,

I want to show BCC recipients in the  archived journal mailbox.How can i do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Once the item has been archived you can search on BCC recipients but they will not show on the item when restored of viewed through the web applications.

Discovery Accelerator has the capability of exposing BCC recipients during review but the classic EV search applications do not.

This is the same as Exchange 2007 and there is no change in behavior.  If you look at a journal report in the journal mailbox you will see the BCC information in the body of the report - if you open the attachment (p2) you will see the message doesn't contain the BCCs.  This is what the search applications are rendering and what is stored.  The information in the report is used to build the index attributes for the item which is why the BCC can be searched.

The BCC information is available to customers/partners signed up to use the CM API.

Regards

Karl

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Once the item has been archived you can search on BCC recipients but they will not show on the item when restored of viewed through the web applications.

Discovery Accelerator has the capability of exposing BCC recipients during review but the classic EV search applications do not.

This is the same as Exchange 2007 and there is no change in behavior.  If you look at a journal report in the journal mailbox you will see the BCC information in the body of the report - if you open the attachment (p2) you will see the message doesn't contain the BCCs.  This is what the search applications are rendering and what is stored.  The information in the report is used to build the index attributes for the item which is why the BCC can be searched.

The BCC information is available to customers/partners signed up to use the CM API.

Regards

Karl

oguzhan
Level 3
Accredited

I dont know what is it :\

Actually, we have one Entprise vault 9.0 server, no discovery accelerator,

and exchange 2010 sp1,

As far as I understand, it does not possible to show bcc?

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

CM API - Content Management API.  If you don't know what it is then you're unlikely to use it.

You've understood correctly - with your current environment you can search BCC once archived but not view.

Regards

Karl

oguzhan
Level 3
Accredited

Thank you Karl

Regards