cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell which policy is being applied

yarg
Level 4
Hi all,

Our legal team has stated that the current policy which was applying to their mailboxes is deleting their shortcuts too early.  This policy retains shortcuts for 2 years.
So the management directed that we create a new policy for this team, with shortcut deletion after 10 years.  I did this today (EV2007) but before I inform everyone that all is complete, I'm just curious if it's possible to confirm which policy is applying to a particular archive?

Thanks in advance,
G
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I believe you can run provisioning and look at the report to see what policy is assigned to the users.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 IN the VAC if you select any policy and properties, under the targets tab you can see what that policy is applied to

yarg
Level 4
Thanks Scanner.  I'm aware of that method, but that shows the target group/OU as a whole.  I'm more curious whether I can find out for a particular user/archive which policy is being applied, especially because the old policy applying to these users is still active.  So I believe I've set the rankings on the provisioning groups correctly so that the new policy will take precedence and be applied, but I would like to be able to doublecheck that that is the case....if that makes sense?

Cheers,
G

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 How good are you with SQL queries and joins?

In SQL in the Enterprisevaultdirectory database there is a table which will list the mailboxes and also it shows the PolicyEntryId

This PolicyEntryID is a number but using innerjoins you can translate that number into the policy name from the PolicyEntry table

If it is for a small few users you could do this manually instead of writing an SQL query

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I believe you can run provisioning and look at the report to see what policy is assigned to the users.

Regards

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
In the VAC, if you go to Targets then right click on Exchange you will see Display Policies Assigned to Mailboxes., click that and walk through to pick the Exchange server or all users etc.

Hope that helps,
Thanks
Rob Wilcox
EV Engineering Support
Working for cloudficient.com

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Do you need any more assistance with this?
If a post solved your problem, can you mark that as the Solution?

Thanks & Regards
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.