cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Encryption with BitLocker on user's disk supported

ABHIJIT_BANSODE
Level 3

Hello All,

I'm planning to encrypt users system drive which holds the Vault cache files (.mdc, .db, StoreId.xml,etc). 

User's are using Windows 7 machine.

Incase in future if we come accross Vault cache issues, will symantec support the configuration or will you ask to remove the encryption?

Please Reply.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Abhijit,

This is a community forum and whilst there are Symantec employees that post on here it isn't an official support forum.  Members can give you advice and their experience so I think your question is best possed to your Symantec Account rep or even open a case with Support.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Abhijit,

This is a community forum and whilst there are Symantec employees that post on here it isn't an official support forum.  Members can give you advice and their experience so I think your question is best possed to your Symantec Account rep or even open a case with Support.

Regards,

ABHIJIT_BANSODE
Level 3

Thanks Tony.

Has anyone experienced any issues with Vault cache if the disks are encrypted with BitLocker?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

looking at the compatibility guide, the only mention of BitLocker is with regards to File System Archiving. i dont know if there's an official stance on encryption specifically for Vault Cache. however, i imagine it to be the same as with any application. if you're experiencing unknown issues and you're troubleshooting, you use process of elimination to rule out different variables. if one of them happens to be drive encryption, then you go through the process to rule it out as you would with anything else.