cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to apply several policies to a Provisioning group ?

PaTryptik
Level 4

Hi,

I tried applying two Provisioning groups, each having its own policies, to the same AD group and ordered them in Provisioning Group properties.  But when the Provisioning task runs I get the "Mailbox already updated by provisioning group member...", which I believe means that a mailbox can't be provisioned by two groups.

Then, I'm now wondering if it would be possible to apply two different archiving policies to a single Provisioning group ?

The reason why I'm asking this is that I would like to use two different archiving strategies on each mailbox.  The main archiving policy would be configured to use the "Based on quota" strategy and the Calendar message class would not be selected.  The second archiving policy would be configured to use the "Based on age" strategy and the Calendar message class would be the only one selected.

At the end, this would archive items (but not Calendar items) until the mailbox's available free space reaches the configured quota threshold, and Calendar items older than 12 months would be the only items to be archived based on the configured age threshold.  Having the advanced option "Archive unexpired Calendar Events" set to Off would not be sufficient as we want such items to be 12 months old before being archived.

If applying several archiving policies to the same Provisioning group is also not possible, do you have an idea how I could obtain the same result ?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You are correct that you can only have 1 provisioning group and 1 policy per user.
The closest thing i think you'll find to achieving what you want is to use "Age and Quota based archiving" in EV8+ and to create an EVPM filter against \Calendar that archives everything based on age etc

You may actually end up having to use a fairly complex EVPM script to achieve what you want. however one thing that it cannot do is only archive certain Message Classes until a specific condition is met etc

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

PaTryptik
Level 4

Hi JesusWept2,

So you're saying I could apply with EVPM a 12 months Age-based archiving setting to the Calendar folder of every mailbox and this would work even though their Provisioning group's policy is using Quota-based archiving ? 

I would need to add the Calendar message class on my archiving policy (quota-based), but only Calendar items older than 12 months would be archived ?

Thanks for your input, I've only used the EVPM utility to zap problematic users' mailbox up to now.