cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Journal box search give a scrolling menu by date

prodsac
Level 4
Hi,

is there a way to switch the journal view back to everything in one search?

before, I searched in journal, and it gave me results...
Now I have to scroll by date... itès impossible to search...

check the attached screen shot.

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maverik
Level 6
Hi,

This unfortunatley is actually by design, rather than anything else. it is when the number of indexes has rolled over so many times.  See the technote below that explains about behavior though the issue described is not the fact that you have multiple dates displayed.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/303090

If you require more enhanced search capabilities then probably you should look at Discovery Accelerator for EV.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6
Hi,

This unfortunatley is actually by design, rather than anything else. it is when the number of indexes has rolled over so many times.  See the technote below that explains about behavior though the issue described is not the fact that you have multiple dates displayed.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/303090

If you require more enhanced search capabilities then probably you should look at Discovery Accelerator for EV.

prodsac
Level 4
and it's normal that in 7.0 it was not like that?

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
This behavior has been since EV6 SP2 when the concept of federated search was introduced to the product so Yes it was in 7. This is all really under the hood though until you go over the default of 5 which you may must have done recently. You can confirm this by going to the properties of your journal archive and selecting the index volumes tab. Do you see more than 5 listed?

So for example on my test system becuase I have been changing some default settings my journal archive has 20 index volumes listed. As soon as I give a user access to that archive and start search I get the extra Archived Date dropdown box that you refer to.

I then added the entry that Mike referred to regarding the FederatedSearchMaxVolSets within the webapp.ini file, gave it a value larger than 20 and did an IIS reset. After doing this when looking at the same archive the dropdown box is no longer and it will search across all index volumes.