cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailboxes not showing up when I click run now

Mark_Leonard
Level 2

I was hoping someone could help me with what I'm sure is a dumb mistake on my part

I've just set up EV 10

connected to my Exchange Servers and am doing a test archive on 1 mailbox

I've created my provisioning group for that mailbox

I ran the provisioning job and it added the mailbox (verified by the report)

If I run the task in report mode, I can choose select mailboxes and see the mailbox in the list

I also get the report which tells me everything about the mailbox that can be archived

I then go to run the mailbox archiving task (run now) in archive and shortcut processing and nothing happens

If I try to choose select mailboxes, it says "no mailboxes found"

Says the same thing for archiving or for shortcut processing. But then I can switch to report again and it will show me the mailbox

Can anyone show me the err of my ways?

Thanks,

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to enable the mailbox.  A report will allow you run against a mailbox that isn't enabled.  If you look at the report the Mailbox Status is probably new meaning it has not been enabled.

To enable one or more mailboxes manually:

1. In the Administration Console, click Enable Mailbox on the Tools menu or click the Enable Mailboxes for Archiving icon on the toolbar.

The Enable Mailbox wizard starts.

2. Follow the instructions, and click Help on any of the wizard screens for further information.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need to enable the mailbox.  A report will allow you run against a mailbox that isn't enabled.  If you look at the report the Mailbox Status is probably new meaning it has not been enabled.

To enable one or more mailboxes manually:

1. In the Administration Console, click Enable Mailbox on the Tools menu or click the Enable Mailboxes for Archiving icon on the toolbar.

The Enable Mailbox wizard starts.

2. Follow the instructions, and click Help on any of the wizard screens for further information.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

wow, well i had no idea about that! learn something new every day! thanks tony!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Mark_Leonard
Level 2

That was it. You rock.

I new it was something dumb on my part

Thanks for the quick response

v-2gahod
Level 2
Employee Accredited

Even this might Also Help, you check the status of such affected mailbox...in exchangemailboxentry table within the directorydatabase

Select * from exchangemailboxentry where archivingstatus = '0', will show you the mailboxes which have been provisioned , but not enable for archiving.