Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually remove Vault Store & Partiton

Robert_Primozic
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all

In my test lab I need to remove Vault Store and all Partitions in it and all Indexes connected with this combination. Simple Delete does not work since there were once Centera in lab and now is gone... Configuration still exists.

So I need "brute force" method to clean up enviroment. Rebuild is not an option, unfortunatly.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I think you have two options:

a/ Start hacking around in SQL (to remove Vault Store Entry records from the directory database, etc, etc)

b/ Uninstall EV, delete the EV Db's, reinstall EV

a -> almost definitely will leave you in a pretty much unsupported state. And will be trial and error for you to find the appropriate tables (though when you try to delete the vault store record, you'll be told about foreign key violations etc)

b -> quick and easy

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I think you have two options:

a/ Start hacking around in SQL (to remove Vault Store Entry records from the directory database, etc, etc)

b/ Uninstall EV, delete the EV Db's, reinstall EV

a -> almost definitely will leave you in a pretty much unsupported state. And will be trial and error for you to find the appropriate tables (though when you try to delete the vault store record, you'll be told about foreign key violations etc)

b -> quick and easy

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would suggested to open a case with support and will assist you in cleaning up the database...

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

If you want to remove the indexes, you need to remove the archives. That operation will remove the index volume information from the databases. Same thing with the Vault Stores. Once you delete the Vault Store, all the partitions data will be deleted as well. There are some SP that you can run to remove all this data but like A_J suggested, opening a case with support would be your best option.

I hope this helps.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Is anything else needed on this thread? If not then perhaps mark one or more of the threads that were most helpful as the solution.