cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory error on EV 9 server

Leonardo_Fern1
Level 6

I've been receiving the following error message from time to time on my EV server. "The instruction at 0x00000000 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be written". This causes scheduled archiving to stop. This started after I upgarded from 8.0.2 to 9.0.0. Is there a change I need to perform on the server (registery change, msmq setings change, etc) or maybe a hotfix or patch I need to add?

EV is on windows 2003 sp2 32bit and I run Exchange 2007 SP1

thank you

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

open a case with support, sounds like a bug, i know in the past i've seen this with journaling and corrupt messages, you can also find lots of references on google for different apps which are normally fixed by the products themselves releasing patches

What you will most likely have to do is get a memory dump (from something like ADPlus or DebugDiag)

So my advice would be, download debugdiag here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=28bd5941-c458-46f1-b24d-f60151d875a3&dis...

Install it on your EV Server experiencing the crashes, and set it to monitor the ArchiveTask.exe and reproduce the error or wait for it to occur, then when it does, open up a support case, give them the event logs (or run deployment scanner to gather all the details) and pass them along the DS and the memory dumps so they can start troubleshooting straight away.

If you can reproduce the error easily, get a dtrace of ArchiveTask as well, the memory dumps will help show whats happening, but in the dtrace you may be able to identify a message or such that is being opened just before it crashes and you could supply them with that message also

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Also, you may want to check your memory with memcheck or something like this to make sure the physical memory is OK on the server.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.